Monday, January 31, 2011

OBX Header install

Well, I finally did it.  I attempted it a couple weekends ago but ran into a little snag.  However, I got it done this past weekend.  I worked on it from about 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and had issues getting the old pipes off.  Started again on Sunday and got done about 10:30 at night.  I had to completely take off the motor mounts, jack the engine up, and then put the headers on.  On the passenger side, a dent had to be made on the second (from the front) tube so that it would clear the Upper Control Arm.  While jacking the motor up, the mounts got bent.  That's why I had to completely remove them.  Put them in a vice and they were as good as new.  The headers were cheaper than the other long tubes and way cheaper than stock.  Was the price difference worth it, probably not.  However, they are on and sound/perform awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment